Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 22 of My Imprisonment

A current photo of the foot in question. Still bandaged. Aren't I well behaved?

Actually, with today being such a nice day in the Koots, and with walking so slow and somewhat uncomfortable, I decided to try for a bike ride. I managed to ride most of the way to town and back - maybe 4 km or so? It was slow, and I was careful how I pressed on the pedal with the foot, but rather successful.

Otherwise, it's mostly shuffling or hobbling around the house and the shop, with little forays out to get wood for the stoves. I think the way I'm walking is causing some tendon strain just above the ankle. I will have to be careful about this. I don't need a case of shin-splints on top of what's already wrong with my right appendage.

I hate to say it, but being kind of house-bound sucks. I feel for anyone who is "really" house-bound. At least I can drive and I can sort of walk and, if the roads aren't icy, I apparently can ride my bike.

Six weeks to go.

No comments: