Sunday, May 24, 2009

When You Can't Say (or Do) Anything Good....

I don't watch TV much, especially in summer, so I only recently had a chance to see the attack ads that the Federal Conservatives have been running against Iggy.



This seemed kinda dumb. I mean, it's not like everyone just spends their entire lives in the town they were born in these days, although maybe that's one of the "good 'ole values" the Conservatives often talk about....

So the Liberals respond:



Fair enough. Iggy doesn't really have to respond to such complete nonsense, and he is pretty mild (so far).

But then the humourists get their oar in (and here I'm assuming that this response wasn't written by the Liberals....).



So Mr Harper: doesn't your government have anyting "useful" to do? I'm thinking economic crisis, isotope meltdown, unemployment, voter cynicism, US protectionism... I dunno, there are just so many that come to mind. Unfortunately, I'm reading Obama's second book right now. I'm glad I'm Canadian, but I just long for some real leadership from our Federal government, not more of this tired, silly, crap. I guess when you don't have anything good to say or do, partisan nonsense is what the feeble minded always have to fall back on.

No comments: