Monday, June 11, 2007

Our Only Home

I find it amusing that on a day when I start questioning the "task" of posting to a blog every day or so that I finally get around to writing 3 entries....it must be one of those days.

I've been wandering around YouTube these past few days. There was the Paris Hilton goes back to Jail video which I eventually realized was a parody of a video/song that she was featured in awhile back. Seemed to fit in quite well with the fascination we've all been having with the lives of the rich and famous (er... notorious?). I also found something called the Carl Sagan Pale Blue Dot video which was nice as well. Not anything new - that message has been around for quite awhile, but still an important message all the same and the video was well done.

This after reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. If you can find the time, it's a good book to read, especially since Canada has soldiers in Afghanistan. If you're decidedly against that mission, the book might not change your mind, but it should give everyone something to think about. I was kind of subdued and mildly depressed all morning - so unlike my normal demeanor.

No comments: