Saturday, June 16, 2007

More Wildlife

I took some time off this afternoon from deck work, rock walls, tree chopping and other rural pursuits and tried to get a few good pictures of some butterflies that have been flitting around here. Gave me a chance to experiment with the digital zoom and spot metering, neither of which I'd really used too much until now. The object of my attentions was really quite cooperative, hanging around on some nearby lilies and letting me get quite close.

My next goal is to get some photos of those hummingbirds. That could be more of a challenge!

I'm also taking recent news seriously about the need for more Vitamin D so I stretched out on the newly completed deck (sans railing for now) and allowed my body to soak up some rays. That and the 2-beer lunch put me in quite a mellow frame of mind. Didn't take too much time off, though, and once Catherine got back home from town, it was back to work for me. Our new rock walls and flower beds are starting to take shape. More on those later.

No comments: