Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Deja Vu All Over Again

Day 1 of my Imprisonment....

It was just over a year ago that I went through this the first time.  Hopefully this will be the last.  The Deja Vu is the same as last time, but of the left foot.

The process was much the same - they had me asleep around 1 pm and I woke up an hour later.  This time I had a few minutes to look around the OR and at the view out the big windows.  Everyone was friendly and nice; the surgeon made the usual black pointer marks on the toe joint that was to be operated on.  The only real difference was that there was no block at the ankle.  I'm still regretting that, but I guess it wasn't my choice....  The pain has been much more noticeable  but the drugs are keeping it under control and I had a very good night's sleep.  So far I've spent the day in bed, which is about all I feel like doing.  I don't even have an appetite, an unusual condition for me.

At least this time I have some idea what to expect.  I have my down hut bootie and that old sneaker all prepared so once I'm ready to get up and around I'll have something to wear.

I managed to have a quick visit with my grandsons before I was driven home.  I don't think I was being too much fun for them - no getting down on the floor and  crawling around to play with them.  Maybe in a couple of weeks....  Atley was happy to see me, though, and he came over for a cuddle on the couch.  Made me feel better.  :-)

So, the countdown is on.  Two months, which means I won't be skiing until the end of January.  I've made sure I have lots of projects to work on.  Once I can get around a bit better, I have things to work on in the shop, lots of books to read...  Other than having to slow down, it shouldn't be too boring....

No comments: