Saturday, October 12, 2013

Down to the Waiting...

So.  Three of us have made it to the Vancouver airport.  It was a bit of a concern getting out of the West Kootenays, as it always is, because the Columbia Valley was fogged in.  Fortunately it cleared by mid-morning so my flight with Pacific Coastal went fine later in the afternoon.

A quiet night at a nearby hotel... Up early (way earlier than I needed to be....) and off to YVR.  Got checked in and met Joel and Kobus who were coming from Ottawa and Calgary.

Security was fast..they just wanted to look at my water filter.  I imagine it does look a bit strange in the scanner image....

Now we wait, have some lunch....

Next post will likely be from Kathmandu in a day or two.  How many hours are we on the plane??  About 19 total, I think.

No comments: