Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall Road Trip # 5 - Grasslands National Park

 One part of Saskatchewan I really hadn't ever visited.  I can probably admit that I almost completely shunned southern SK.  It's just not the kind of scenery I appreciate....

That said, I found myself consenting to visit Grasslands National Park, about as far south in SK as one can go - just north of the USA/Canadian border.

There were grasslands, dusty roads, dusty towns, very little for trees (we did find a trail called "Two Trees" which was pretty accurate - although one of the trees was dead), prairie dogs, bison, deer, lots of birds....  We spent the night and enjoyed the wide expanse of star-studded sky.  Lots of sky and lots of stars.

Escaping from southern SK involved several hours on gravel roads as we headed towards our next stop: Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park in southern Alberta.

No comments: