Monday, July 23, 2012

BC Premier Speaks - Yawn....

Over in Lotus Land (aka: The Island and the Lower Mainland), the Premier has finally made a statement about the Gateway Pipeline Project.  


Gateway pipeline risks exceed rewards, B.C. Premier says - The Globe and Mail


I hate to appear cynical, but my feeling is that Ms Clark is playing to an upcoming election here in BC, now only 9 months or so away. This is an election she and her duplicitous party is sure to lose. Ms Clark, however, is perceptive enough to realize that most people in BC are against this project, hence her present "stand". I'm trying to feel interested in her comments, but it's just not working. Maybe I'll wait for a couple of months and see how the political winds are blowing and then I'll make a statement.

No comments: