Friday, September 11, 2009

Midnight Obsession

If Skype, Blogger, Facebook, e-mail and all that wasn't enough, I seem to have developed an interest in a new way to wile away the hours I'm awake in the middle of the night - WikiTravel. It's an on-line, free, travel guide in the style and spirit of Wikipedia. Contributors are called Wikitravelers and apparently I've become one of them. So far, I've developed a page for Kaslo, updated the article on the West Kootenays and fixed up a link to a region of New Zealand called the Catlins. It's one new use for the little Asus netbook that I picked up last month while I was in the south. If I wake up at 2 am, as I often do, I can lie in bed reading and typing away until I run out of battery power. Usually I get sleepy first, though. It could be an obsession, but perhaps I'm the wrong person to be answering that question!

No comments: