Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Collection of Prii..?



So, according to the rules I learned inBiology, if one of these is called a Prius, then more than one would be referred to as Prii (pronounced as Pre-i), right? Anyhow, I liked the advertising on this one, hence the picture. I have seen many, many of these hybrid cars on the west coast, especially in Portland and San Francisco. In fact, in one parking lot, a line of cars probably no more than 15 long had 4 Prii in it. I've also noticed many auto service businesses advertising themselves as certified to do "smog control testing", an issue California seems to be taking somewhat seriously. That said, the traffic around here is about what you'd see in any big city, although public transit is good, from what we can tell. We hiked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of states (including NJ) have smog emissions testing as a requirement for registration. I thought BC had something similar??...maybe just in the lower mainland?