Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kootenay Kactus


I know, I know, it's pretty wimpy, but I'm pleased with it so far. This is one of my Arizona imports from our winter trip south. I brought home a couple of "cuttings" from some of the many cactus plants I saw on the desert, stuck them in some gravel and waited.
Around here it's going to have to live it's life as a house plant, but it's been doing well. In fact, just last week this little guy started to bloom. I guess it was happy that it was finally getting some sunshine in that south window I've had it in.
I have a small selection of little cactus plants growing now. One I especially like is the Teddy Bear Cholla. It's sending out new growth now too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the cacti down here - they are quite striking! My favorite plant, however, is the yucca - now that is a hilarious species!