Friday, October 26, 2007

First Frost

Not at a date we're normally used to, so it's kind of exciting just to think that we're at the end of October and we only just (barely) had our first frost last night. I think it was just 0C when I looked at the thermometer this morning. I keep going on about the full moons here, but last night (and tonight, again) was another in a series. Moonlight lighting up the mountains almost like day from sunset until dawn. Today was one of those brilliant, sunny, clear, cool, mountain days when it's just great to be outdoors, even though I was actually in the garage tacking up insulation for most of the day. Still working steadily at a (seemingly endless) list of jobs that I need to get done before whatever passes for winter around here arrives. I've noticed that snow at higher elevations is slowly disappearing so perhaps I'll get in to Kokanee Glacier for a hike to admire the alpine fall colors in the next week or so.

No comments: