Thursday, January 01, 2009

Buried in Snow


I'm somewhat hesitant to complain about our non-stop snow, but after a couple of weeks of a constant snow deluge, I'm thinking that if it was to stop, even for a couple of days, we could dig out and go enjoy it.

In the past week or so, I no sooner get the latest snowfall cleared and we're pasted with another. I did get out yesterday for some skiing in the backcountry. We managed to find a nice safe area, free from avalanche hazard, and carved a few turns in the knee-deep powder. It was great. I had to think that if I fell over, it would be nearly impossible to get up. So we ski with someone else so that if one of us gets into trouble, someone is there to help. I did have to wade into the snow after a small lid to my lunch container that blew away. As soon as I walked off the track, I was in chest-deep snow - very soft and powdery, but up to my chest, nonetheless.

We hear that another 10 cm is still on its way. Happy New Year ;-)

No comments: